Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car bodging

On 18/05/2016 13:43, michael adams wrote:
"Tim wrote in message
OK so it is overdue for an MOT. Probably done 1000 miles in the year, barn stored.

Couple of advisories on last years.... brake pipes slightly corroded near flex hose
joint and inner side walls slightly deteriorated on rear tyres.

Not much I can do about the tyres but wire brush off any brake pipe rust and coat
with..?
--
Tim Lamb

The first thing any Test Centre will do is check any advisories
from last year either on paper of if necessary online,

Not so. My wife's 2000MY Puma only does about 2k miles per annum. The
MOT (always done by the same garage) throws up a variety of advisories
such as slightly corroded brake pipes or slightly worn suspension
bushes. We do nothing about it between times and, as often a not, an
advisory which appears one year isn't repeated the next despite no
remedial work having been done. Seems to depend more on the whim of the
tester than anything else.
--
Cheers,
Roger