Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default car bodging

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , jim
writes
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
OK so it is overdue for an MOT. Probably done 1000 miles in the
year, barn stored.

Couple of advisories on last years.... brake pipes slightly
corroded near flex hose joint and inner side walls slightly
deteriorated on rear tyres.

Not much I can do about the tyres but wire brush off any brake
pipe rust and coat with..?

Brake pipes which rust are made from heavily plated steel. By the
time it starts on the outside, who knows what the inside is like?

Less rusty as less oxygen.

And road salt.

Ford seem to think their brake fluid absorbs water from the air and
require a 2 year change!

At a main dealer of course.

Anyway, I'm going to brush off the dirt and see what they have to say
on Friday.

I used a wire brush and grease for 5 years on my Mk 3 Cortina. It passed on
the brake pipes every time.