Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car bodging

In article ,
wrote:
Not all advisories necessarily indicate work that will need doing
before the next year's MOT. For example my bike MOT sometimes gets:-
"Steering headbearing has slight free play (2.2.2)". As the tester
always says that's really down to how tight one prefers to have it.

I get an advisory most years about slight play in the front wheel bearings
on my SD1. Of course there is slight play. They are adjustable, and that's
how they are set. If you set them with no play, they overheat and spew out
the grease...

--
*Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.