Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The London buses

On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 17:27:50 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:17:26 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 15 May 2016 17:06:40 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 15 May 2016 02:20:33 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 14/05/2016 16:32, Bill Wright wrote:
On 14/05/2016 09:43, wrote:
On Saturday, 14 May 2016 02:38:24 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
'Christian' has a capital 'C'. The attitude of tolerance is a
characteristic of modern western thought, because of our Christian
heritage.

Our Christian heritage is just as intolerant as any other.

Christ preached that we should turn the other cheek, live and let live,
help the weak. Quite different to certain other prophets.

Religions promote a way of life. If successful it expands to meet limits
imposed by land, food or other supplies.

Yes, other religions have different values. Some follow an eye for an
eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But that makes for an aggressive,
toothless and blind society.

Religion were created to empower a priestly minority

I'm not sure that was true I believe origianly it was self preservation and to understand teh enviroment. Later the more maniplative found they could use it to their advantage.

No, the priestly class claimed to have knowledge that others were not privy to.
Most promised life after death. But only if you believed in their particular sky fairy.

Originaly the 'sky fairy' was the sun. Beleived that it's existance gave us life was and is pretty true. The associated Gods with the seasons and weather.