Jo

Default I want to use my fireplace as the primary room heat source - using gas! - How?

this doesn't seem like a radical request but I want to use the big
fireplaces that I have in my house for the primary heat source so that
I can discard the central heating system and especially the radiators
that stop me putting furniture against the walls they blot. Coal is
out - I want something that maintains the apartment heating with a
thermostat - and I want it to be warm in the morning, So no coal, no
coal!

I have explored flame effect gas fires but apparently no useful heat
output is generated. And flueless devices, it seems cause excessive
condensation.

How can I usefully use the vacant space in my big fireplaces to
generate heat from a gas supply. I want the answer to be aesthetically
pleasingly as well as efficient as possible.

My only other option is to install a combi heater and keep the
radiators.

Jo