Jim Adney

Default splicing molex connectors

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:59:03 -0800 "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

My only citation of 12 AWG was for house wiring.

You're right. My mistake.

I also found it odd that they rated the connectors for 10A with both
14 and 16AWG wire. So what would be the point of using 14? I would
think that this would actually give the edge to 16AWG for economic
reasons, as well as the fact that the stiffer 14AWG would be more
likely to suffer mechanical failures from flexing at the crimp, simply
because the wire is stiffer.

18 was rated at 8 amps which is still plenty for anything I've ever
seen, and 22 was rated at 6A, IIRC, which seems like a lot, too. But
it gives some credibility to those who have seen PC power supplies
wired with #22 wire.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA