Posted to alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default Best Buy sucks

On Tue, 17 May 2016 13:40:33 -0400
Ralph Mowery wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 17 May 2016 11:52:50 -0400,
wrote:

I bought an oven on Best Buy (online) on 4/4. Originally the
delivery was 2 weeks, then that became a month and a week, then a
month and ~2 weeks, then they just canceled the order, item not
available without informing me in any way (4/22). I did not find
out until I enquired about when they were coming today.

Why anyone would buy major appliances from BestBuy is totally
beyond me. Sane goes gor Home Despot and Lowes.

I had a bad experance on a stove from Lowes. Similar to yours. When
I ordered it I knew there was about a 40 day wait. Got a call about
a month later it was to be deliverid in 2 days, That time passed and
not any call the next day. Called about it and they said it had
gotten on the wrong truck. About 2 weeks later the same thing
happened. Emailed the stove company about what Lowes did and also
Lowes headquarters. A couple of days later a Lowes sales person
called and we talked. I Told them they had a stainless instead of
white showing on the computer at their store. They checked and it
was in stock . The wife had changed her mind and wanted the
stainless ,so I told them to send it out. They did and gave us
another 10% off for our trouble.

Where would you buy a major appliance from ? Not too many places to
choose from in the town I am in.

They are many small mom/pop independent appliance stores.