Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I assume the apprentice got it in the neck

On Tue, 17 May 2016 10:10:31 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

Yes indeed, I mean having one exactly the same in your bag and
assuming it is the one is a common mistake to make. I'd suggest
somebody puts number on the bombs and checks them against a list
before the next outing.

I'd have thought a foolproof approach would be to have a

"pigeon-hole"
system in your truck. Arrive with all the pigeon holes full and

expect
to leave in the same state. Even a cursory glance should spot if

one or
more is/are missing.

Van? Well maybe but I have sneaky feeling that the company is just
the MD and planting fake bombs doesn't need more than a car and a
bag. I wonder if he has any offical authoristation, just imagine the
reaction of the police if they had some reason to search his car and
found a bag full of these things...

You'd think so - but IME a larger proportion of the population are
extraordinarily bad at organising logistics at any level.

Quite or understand what "single point of failure" means, even people
who should know better still manage to create (suposidly) robust
systems with single point(s) of failure.

In this case with these things being laid in third party properties
one would expect decent documentation signed off on installation and
retrival. Documentation that included a description, or better
picture, of the "device" and where it has been placed. Copies for the
third party, the search company and file.

--
Cheers
Dave.