Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Drive through livestock gate

On 05/17/2016 04:37 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
The second is the old style guard with bars on the ground perpendicular
to the road. There's a little hole dug under the bars. Vehicles can
drive over
easily but cattle are afraid to walk over it.

I was following a woman on one of the Nevada backroads, and she was
moving along pretty well. All of a sudden, she climbed on the brakes and
slowed down to about 20. There was a 'cattleguard' painted on the road
and she fell for it. Stupid cow!

I don't like walking across the real ones myself. I always have a vision
of a foot slipping between the rails followed by a broken ankle.