Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Purchasing a washer online from Sears? Prepare to pay $31 more than the sale price.

On Mon, 16 May 2016 16:47:47 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote in

On Mon, 16 May 2016 07:46:31 -0500, CRNG wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:27:36 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

Sears sold houses years ago:

http://www.searsarchives.com/homes/index.htm

It isn't just Sears facing money problems from what I've
read here and there. Tnis internet thing seems to be catching
on. I guess J.C. Penny and The Gap are facing similar problems.

When I was a kid in the late 1950s, the yearly arrival of the Sears
catalog was a wonderful event. It seemed to have everything imaginable
and I would spend hours looking through it.

Sears was the king of mail-order then and they continued to be king
for a long time. When Internet shopping started, Sears was in a
perfect position to dominate it since they already had a massive
mail-order infrastructure operating. All they had to do was put their
catalog online.

But they didn't. And now, they will soon be gone. Another example of
upper management flubbing it while sitting fat and happy in their
tower. Wal-Mart will follow in the next 10 years.

What do you see Walmart doing wrong?

Based on the two WMs (super centers) where we used to shop, one about
20 miles west of us and the other about 20 miles east of us, I would
say:

1. Empty shelves - About 15% of the items we try to buy on any given
shopping trip are out of stock. There is a place for it on the shelf,
but it's not there. The items vary from trip to trip, but there are
always a couple.

2. Their on-line shopping seems chaotic and uncertain. It would be
nice if anything ordered on-line had the option to be picked up
(shipping free$) at the local store.