Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On Friday, 13 May 2016 19:36:55 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 13/05/2016 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 12 May 2016 18:20:25 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
whisky-dave wrote:
When you switch a kettle off it doesn't stay boiling for very
long does it.

No reason why it should - if you only boil enough for your
immediate needs.

That can't be done you need to biol more water as it evaporrates as
it boils and any steam coning out reduces efficiency, and yuo get
bits of lime scale in yuor cup if yuo use every ml of water you
boil.

Ideally you'd use one of those boiling water taps then no one would
need a kettle would they, but I don't believe those taps are as
efficient as a kettle anyway.

The extra water to compensate for the evaporated water coming out of a
kettle, provided it is not actually left boiling, is tiny.

I'd go back to physics and look at the latent heat of water.
If you want water to actualy boil rather than just get very hot (which is OK for washing and coffee, but NOT tea) you need boiling water not just very hot water which has been trying to biuol for the last 10 mins.