Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Unfinished edges of finished shelving board

On Mon, 16 May 2016 12:16:42 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 3:02:58 PM UTC-4, Steve Kraus wrote:
I have a table I want to cover with a prefinished white shelving board I
can obtain at the home center. I believe it's some sort of pressed wood
product. The shorter shelves have finished edges but the one I am
contemplating is finished on one edge. I don't care about the back as that
would be against a wall but what can I do with the ends? I suppose I could
just sand them nice and smooth and paint with several coats of white
enamel. Or is there something better?

In case it matters the table I wish to cover is 96" x 16." The shelving
board I can get is just a little under that but I think I can make it work.

You're covering a table? Please explain. What is the table top made out of
now and why do you want to cover it with shelving?

In any case, this is used to dress up the bare edges of the type of shelving
I believe you are talking about:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3-4-in-x-...4431/100559770

Yeah, tThis is pretty much what I was suggesting in the post which is
now at the end of the thread.