Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problem with mozilla

On Mon, 16 May 2016 16:23:44 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/05/16 15:40, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2016 14:53:12 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Unless you have a Linux machine acting as a mail relay on your
domestic network, what that message means is that your SMTP relay has
detected the fact that your IP address has been sending spam, and is
blacklisted at spamhaus.

ITYM 'a machine' - why would it have to be Linux?

Why on earth would anyone build a mail server on OSX or on Windows?

Sweeping generalisation.

Educated guess.

There simply isn't MTA software for windows except Exchange, and who
runs that at home?

And I have never ever seen a Mac used as an MTA ever.

The point being that anyone smart enough to to know how to use Windows
or OSX as MTA would be smart enough to know not to.

Postfix is nice, and runs on OSX.

And I run it on FreeBSD.