Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default re roofing with fibreglass and resin

On Mon, 16 May 2016 09:27:44 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

I use butyl sealing strips under the laps and then stitching screws at
18" intervals. OK for rain splash but not guaranteed for immersion.

I had used a fibre reinforces acryl paint

The problem was exacerbated by a build up of leaves effectively
damming the furrow of the profile sheet, so after a recent deluge the
gutters overflowed from the two adjacent roofs and the flat roof
probably had 50mm of standing water on it, water that did flow off the
lower edge overfilled the gutter, which was half filled with debris
and seeped back into the void between the joists and ran back between
the roof sheets and ceiling.

The infill was amazingly poorly though out but it currently provides
60m2 of storage and I cannot find a home for the bits and pieces in
order to start again.

I need a solution which doesn't require more than annual cleaning. I
will fit deeper gutters and drop them by a couple of inches.

AJH