Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Unfinished edges of finished shelving board

On Mon, 16 May 2016 13:03:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 3:49:26 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2016 14:28:56 -0500, Steve Kraus
wrote:

You're covering a table? Please explain. What is the table top made
out of now and why do you want to cover it with shelving?

Just a long narrow table with folding legs. Covering because I don't care
for the faux wood finish and I think this would be better than painting it.
I would just shoot a few screws in from the bottom taking care to keep them
shorter than penetrating.

Tile?

I doubt the substrate is solid enough to work for tile, unless you mean
adhesive backed, flexible tile.

Do yourself a BIG favour and forget putting a shelf-board on. Get
yourself some contact cement and some laminate (arborite, or
equivalent) and glue it on. Do the same with the edges. Use a laminate
trimmer bit in your router to finisg the edge of the top and the
edging.