Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On 13/05/2016 09:30, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/05/16 07:44, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 02:25:14 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Chris French
wrote:

Steve Walker Wrote in message:
On 12/05/2016 15:27, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

It's quite possible they are looking at all domestic appliances.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/LKD/?uri=CELEX:32009L0125

snip

dishwashers

Again, this could be self-defeating. Increase the efficiency by
reducing
power and water use and you are likely (in the real world) to have to
choose say the 2 hour wash instead of the 1-1/2 hour one all the
time to
ensure that everything actually comes out clean. So more consumption

The most efficient (water and elec consumption) wash on ours is
the longest. I assume it relies on giving the enzymes and
detergents longer to work. It also has a longer drying time, I
assume it finishes with a bit of a lower temp.

--

I'm have reservations about drying in dishwashers. It works to a
degree, I know (it does in ours to some extent, but still leaves

The Miele's vent externally using some sort of fan (I can hear it and
stuff does dry). However, still a problem with puddles on cups etc as
you say.

Yup mine has a little louvred vent on the front panel that blows out hot
wet air when drying... (when its fan is not full of gunge and just
squeeking that is!)

--
Cheers,

John.