Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Problem with mozilla

On 16/05/16 10:20, Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2016 10:14:20 +0100, Broadback wrote:

This morning when attempting to send messages from any email (I have a
number) to any address I get this error:

An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting: Your IP address is on the XBL blacklist! Sending denied. For
further information and delisting procedure,
please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=80.229.179.189.

The messages into the sent box, but is not received.
Any ideas please? I am running under windows 10, both have been stable
for some time.

Where does your mail client send the mail to? That server has blocked
your IP, because your client IP has got itself onto a blacklist for
sending spam.

He means what SMTP 'relay' or 'smart host' are you sending it to?

You should not be sending direct...

Following that link shows that it's on one particular blacklist, because
it's infected with a botnet trojan.

http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=80.229.179.189

If your machine isn't - and be VERY sure about that - then speak to
PlusNet (I'm assuming you're a PlusNet customer, since that's a PlusNet
dynamic IP address).

It is most likely that your machine IS infected. Dynamic IP addresses
are reassigned but infrequently.

+1

However its worth noting that depending on which plusnet account you
originally buy, and also how long you have had it, you may well get
allocated a static IP - they used to hand them out by default.

(in the OPs case, a reverse lookup on his IP maps to
189.179.229.80.dyn.plus.net, rather than his account username in the
form username.plus.com, so he probably does have a dynamic IP)

--
Cheers,

John.