Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On 5/16/2016 12:40 AM, Don Y wrote:
Yup. When folks exclaim over some of the monies I pay for equipment,
tools, etc. I just point out the "excesses" (IMO) that I see in
their purchases: dress shoes, vacations, dinners, hiring out for things
they can easily do themselves, etc. When they think about those and see
them as NOT excesses, I tell them "I see *my* purchases the same way!"

We don't plan on being a "burden" to anyone (including each other) in
our old age. OTOH, we've seen our share of friends dying before they
had a chance to enjoy "retirement" (or, whatever you call the
portion of your life when YOU call the shots).

Or, folks squander that time on activities that we consider "sad"
(i.e., work your whole life to reward yourself with days of sitting
in front of the TV??)

I've known a couple people over the years, long enough
to see how they spend money. I've come to the conclusion
that each person has some hard and fast rules. And some
strong rules. Often, the hard and fast rules make no
sense to me.

One former friend totally refused $10 gas money so
I could take him to a store out of town to save
$75 or so. Aparently, "RULE: NEVER GIVE FRIENDS
MONEY" was louder than "save $75".

--
..
Christopher A. Young