Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Rentor check out

On 5/15/2016 11:01 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2016 14:18:28 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2016 00:43:01 -0400,
wrote:

A landlord can screw with that credit history if they are not paying
their rent.

Not without a final judgment from the Court.

What do your laws say?

You can send a report about late payments to credit agencies or even
on time payments but it usually costs money from the creditor.
you can certainly report someone who is delinquent, long before you
ever go to court.

These guys are soliciting landlords to check out renters.
https://connect.experian.com/credit-...landlords.html

You talk a good game gfretwell but you may wish to get up and out of
your easy chair and actually try practicing what you preach. It's not
that simple. There are fifty states and, thus, fifty variations (more
or less) on what is accessible and how it is accessed.

There are no right or wrong answers simply because there are too many
variables in play in this sort of thing. Credit bureaus may pick up
evictions in one county and not in another simply due to size, the
courts system itself and access, or. . .

What the hell, you're probably correct though. What do I know as I've
only been involved with this stuff since the mid-70's. As for being in
the dark ages, I'd wager I have access to databases (at a hefty monthly
cost) that would surprise even an expert like you.

Bottom line to OP: Do as I suggested and you'll avoid probably 80%-90%
of the risk involved in renting.