Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Problem with mozilla

John Rumm wrote:
On 16/05/2016 10:26, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Broadback wrote:
This morning when attempting to send messages from any email (I have a
number) to any address I get this error:

An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting: Your IP address is on the XBL blacklist! Sending denied.
For further information and delisting procedure,
please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=80.229.179.189.

The messages into the sent box, but is not received.
Any ideas please? I am running under windows 10, both have been stable
for some time.

It's saying that your mail server is on a blacklist that the recipient
organisation has subscribed to.

No, its saying that a machine on his network is on the blacklist, not
the server (which will be a plusnet machine in this case)

Yes, it's starting to look like there is no outgoing server, and that
the mail client is sending out direct. I just hadn't imagined that
happening, since it seems unlikely to be reliable nowadays.

Following the instructions given by the CBL page would be worth doing:

http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=80.229.179.189