Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Purchasing a washer online from Sears? Prepare to pay $31 morethan the sale price.

On 05/15/2016 06:33 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/15/2016 6:51 AM, Steve Stone wrote:
You don't seem to be able to purchase a washer on the Sears web site
without also purchasing a mandatory set of stainless supply hoses for
$31. Not a bad idea for many. Not a good idea for those who already own
stainless hoses or better.

Why would you buy from Sears? They may be out of business before you
even get the machine installed.

Unless you live two hundred miles from town, go to a good local
appliance dealer. Most are priced about the same and have better service.

I bought my washer and dryer from a good local appliance dealer. They
were very helpful when the dryer failed after just a week.

Interestingly, when the old salesman asked my for my phone number he
wrote it down as just 5 digits. It's been more than 20 years since we
had 5-digit dialing (it went away when we got ESS in about 1990).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Of the delights of this world, man cares most for sexual intercourse,
yet he has left it out of his heaven" [Mark Twain]