Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repaired boiler PCBs - invalid insurance?

In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
********, I cannot legally change my quartz halogen for HID lamps.

Not so. I have HID headlamps on my Rover. They weren't invented when it
was built. No problem at MOT time.

If you have self levelling suspension and headland washers then they are
legal. MOT doesn't check for lamp type, only beam pattern.

As it happens, it does have both. But the regs on that have been changed
anyway.

Otherwise they are not legal; and you wouldn't want to be in a prang
when the third party says your headlamps were blinding him, and so
contributed/caused the accident.

Why would correctly set headlamps blind you simply because they are
slightly more powerful? It's a poor beam pattern and or setting which
causes that - covered at MOT time. And I wonder how some modern cars pass
it.

If you want to take the risk of your insurance company taking away
everything you own, then so be it. You have told them, haven't you?

Do you work for an insurance company? It seems to be your standard comment
on everything. Luckily, the law tends to ignore such nonsense. The
insurance company would have to prove it was a relevant factor.

--
*Husbands should come with instructions

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.