Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Electromagnetic Door Control wiring

On Sun, 15 May 2016 11:44:56 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 15/05/2016 09:11, Brian Gaff wrote:
What current does the solenoid use though?
Brian

That's a good question. I could measure the resistance of one.

I assume it can only take a couple of watts.

FWIW, a while back I helped my BIL (a builder) release and re-connect
the cabling to a door entry system from a wall he was removing for a
company. The 'fail - safe' door bolt along with the alarm keypad were
run (some distance) to the reception though a multi core cable, the
conductors not much bigger in wire gauge than Cat5 / telephone.

YMMV etc. ;-)

Cheers, T i m