Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2016 15:31:37 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

On Thursday, 12 May 2016 13:37:16 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Look: back in the day MGBS destined for the US market had air pumps
to add air to the exhausts to lower the ratio of CO* etc etc.

They were not fitted to UK models

But the ride height was raised and those horrid bumpers were on UK
spec models. Ruining a once half decent looking/handling car.

Which knocks your argument into the middle of the Atlantic. Nothing
new there.

The MGB: show it a corner and it'll show you a ditch. As they used to
say all fur coat and no knickers.

You should have tried an MGC circa 1969. Even worse. Far too front heavy.

Another weird BMC product. That boat anchor of an engine made it little
faster than the MGB and ruined the handling. Bit like the Austin 3 litre
versus the 1800.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.