Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Electromagnetic Door Control wiring

On 15/05/2016 11:14, Peter Parry wrote:
On 14 May 2016 23:04:09 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

I used telephone cable. I ran six pairs from the wiring centre to the
front door, and just used one of those.

The current draw isn't great (on mine, anyway) and the duty cycle is low.

I think he is referring to an electromagnetic door holder rather than
a catch so the duty cycle is more or less 100%. The power consumption
is still low though - typically only 1 or 2 Watts so almost any cable
would be suitable.

Yes, it will be permanently on, even when the door is closed, and only
off where there's a fire alarm.

Either way we are talking sub-Amp.