View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Home In The Forest

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 6:51:36 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 11:58:37 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
Who wouldn't want a quiet cabin in a beautiful forest with no neighbors around? ^_^

http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2016/03...abin-in-woods/

[8~{} Uncle Forest Monster

That's pretty cool.

The best vacation I ever had was the time I spent 3 weeks camping in the woods helping a friend
build a cabin on some land he owned. Friends and family came from all over the country during
that summer to spend whatever time they could helping out. Every morning the wives would
make us a huge breakfast and then we'd head off down the trail about a 1/4 mile to the build
site. The "cabin" ended up being a two story building with a loft that slept 8. Almost all of the
wood used was from my friend's land.

Evenings were spent around the campfire with guitars, harmonicas and a Jew's Harp.

That was over 20 years ago and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I've been back
to the cabin once since then. I was on a business trip in the area and knowing the door would
be unlocked, I spent the night in the cabin.

The one thing that was missing was the open air crapper. During the build summer, there was
an outhouse without a house, The landowner build a seat (with a short back wall for privacy)
on top of a hill over looking a valley. Anyone approaching from behind could see that the
seat was occupied and would wait their turn. It was pretty neat to sit out in the open, looking
out over nature when taking care of business.

Cousin Pooping-In-The-Open Monster

Lately, I've been seeing videos of people having big, elaborate treehouses built on their property. The elevated homes are equipped with the same kind of bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms and appliances as a terrestrial home. Kids love the treehouses because they think it's so cool to live in the trees. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tree Monster