Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Dell PowerConnect fan question

As anyone who owns one knows, the fans in a Dell PowerConnect 5324
network switch are horrendously noisy. Therefore, following the
suggestions I see all over the 'Net, I bought a pair of Sunon
KDE1204PKV3-MS.AF.GN fans.

One of the two new fans keeps the "Fan OK" LED green but does not spin.
The other one spins but activates the red "Fan Error" LED.

Is there any simple explanation for this? With the original Delta
screamers, the red LED switched on only when a fan was disconnected or
prevented from turning.

Anybody else here done this fan substitution? Does a "working" (i.e.,
spinning) Sunon fan activate the green fan LED rather than the red one?

Perce