Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Home In The Forest

On 05/14/2016 05:51 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The one thing that was missing was the open air crapper. During the build summer, there was
an outhouse without a house, The landowner build a seat (with a short back wall for privacy)
on top of a hill over looking a valley. Anyone approaching from behind could see that the
seat was occupied and would wait their turn. It was pretty neat to sit out in the open, looking
out over nature when taking care of business.

http://www.patchskiing.com/IMG20130610190746cr.jpg

Considering the crapper is on the summit of St. Mary's Peak at an
elevation of 9351', it can get a bit chilly in the winter

The trail is fairly popular and not that difficult, only about 2500' of
ascent. On one hike up, I passed a guy sitting by the side of the trail
taking a break, not unusual. A little while later I met a woman who
asked me if I'd seen her husband, and I told her he's be along shortly.
She said "He's a smoker and I brought him up here to give him a preview
of what emphysema was going to be like." I suppose if she really wanted
to be mean she could have taken him up one of the fourteeners in Colorado.