Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On 05/13/2016 12:25 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 5/13/2016 9:55 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
I have a 3-handset cordless phone that allows up to 10 handsets. I
looked on
the internet for extra handsets and they cost so much I was better off
buying
another system (and that comes with an extra base, too).

I think the reasoning is that:
- not many people (relatively speaking) want extra bases (so, quantities
are lower, shelf space gets wasted on products with low turnover, etc.)

The extra base was very useful when the first one failed.

- people who want more, can *afford* to pay more (for the convenience
of having interchangeable handsets)

These ARE interchangeable. I bought another set of the same model.

Be careful running multiple bases concurrently. Some may not like this.

I never did. The second base was to replace the first one when it failed.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." --
Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899), "Some Mistakes Of Moses"