Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repaired boiler PCBs - invalid insurance?

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I just don‘t believe that any law says that when something has failed
due to inadequate specs with a particular component like a cap or a
relay that there is anything to prevent someone repairing that device
from replacing the component which has failed with a higher rated
component, whether that is a higher voltage or temperature rating
on a cap or a higher current rating on the relay contacts etc.

You can believe what you want. I'd rather believe Geoff, who does such
things for a living.

--
*Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!*

Dave Plowman London SW