Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Thu, 12 May 2016 10:44:23 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/12/2016 1:30 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 23:57:14 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/11/2016 11:47 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 18:14:26 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/11/2016 6:08 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 11:09:51 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

I lost much of my hearing as a teen because I lived in a
household with parents who smoked and secondhand smoke floated in the
house constantly. It's a fact that me being exposed to those
contaminates caused my hearing loss.

So your parents used your skull for an ashtray? Fascinating

Secondhand smoke is more lethal than the ashes.

Oh of course it is. Which is why we have an entire nation of deaf
people who were born before 1980.

Right?

Gunner

You don't believe second hand smoke is dangerous, or causes health problems?

I believe that second hand smoke CAN cause breathing issues in some
people, particularly those who are asthmatic or have lung degeneration
issues..and are subjected to living in a semi-truck cab structure for
12 hrs a day for months on end. Other than that..and similar odd and
really wierd circumstances...no.

I should mention that Im a pack a day smoker, have been for over 40
yrs, my wife is a half pack a day smoker, we are surrounded by over 20
dogs and a half dozen cats (we do animal rescue) and most of my
friends are smokers..though not all. All the studies so far to date,
show that about 25% of smokers will have some health problems as a
result, meaning 75% of smokers will not. And for those who get the
occasional wiff of a cigarette....and bitch and moan...tough.

My parents were chain smokers, which meant our house was a cloud of
secondhand smoke all the time. I lived there for nearly 2 decades, so I
had to breathe the smoke every day. The smoke was in everything - the
drapes, our clothes, the carpet, my toys, the furniture, etc. When I
left the house my friends thought I was a smoker, which, horrified me.
They said I smelled like smoke all the time.

So they were "chain smokers". Please define that. 3 packs a day each?
Id say that put you in the semi-truck catagory.

I was sick often, and if I got in a car with my parents smoking I'd get
physically sick to my stomach. I was told there was something wrong with
me because I couldn't travel without getting sick. I had bronchitis on a
regular basis, ear infections so severe that my ears would swell shut,
which caused me to have hearing loss.

Oddly enough..my grand children have the same issues.

However...neither of their parents smoke.

Funny how that works eh? Oh..they live 900 miles away. So my second
hand smoke is probably not the cause.

Back then, it was cool to smoke, and no one would acknowledge that
secondhand smoke could be harmful to anyone, let alone harm kids who
lived in that environment.

I should mention that many...ladies in particular..over use toxic
perfumes and other similar products..and I dont see much bitching and
moaning about those, not to mention toxic cleaning supplies, motor
vehicle exhausts and nasty body oders that are the result of
uncleanliness.

I can't visit some stores because of the VOCs in the air from the items
they stock. I'm now super sensitive to many pollutants in the air, too.
They all turn my stomach, give me headaches, and trigger lungs
problems. I'm not the only adult who suffers from being exposed to
secondhand smoke as a child.

So it was the result of second hand smoke as a child? Or was it the
result of being a sickly child and having little resistance to
chemicals...hand and hand with your sickly childhood. IE..you were not
blessed with the resistance to various chemicals that most other
people are born with. Shrug...ADHD is now a major health epidemic as
well. Thats hardly a second hand smoke issue either. What is it...1
in 104 kids is born with ADHD? Seems they have it far worse than
those with smoking related "allergies" despite having parents who
didnt smoke.

I mentioned the dogs and cats..as I find more people to be allergic to
pet dander and fur fuzz than are allergic to cigarette smoke...this of
course does not include those "420 friendly" pot heads who gasp in
outrage while Im smokeing a Pall Mall Light 100 in the same room,
while they have just filled their lungs and brain cells with THC,
along with covering themselves with a nasty stench.

Irrelevant, or should I say you're just trying to muddy the water with
other issues to avoid the real issue that smoking hurts other people.
It's like a person who may be a carrier of some contagious disease, but
never suffers from it himself. He can give it to other people, though,
and they are his collateral damage.

So I suck up cubic feet of toxic chemicals right from the source...yet
Im not sick, while you...are? Seems to me that there are other
issues there...like your very..very..very poor resistance to chemicals
of all sort..which you admit to, up above. Blaming it on second hand
smoke...is denial at its worst.

You being a smoker have every right to do that to your own body, but at
the same time your right to smoke ends where you pollute the air someone
else has to breathe. In addition to the secondhand smoke stinking, your
clothes more than likely stink everywhere you go, and when you pass by
others they can smell your stench at you pass by. To be real you can
literally make people sick by your presence.

Oddly enough..other people make me sick with their stench. Unwashed
bodies, cheap perfumes, far far too many drugs and foods that seep
through their skins. Most crowds remind me of a womans locker
room....make me want to barf. Beer breaths, wiskey breaths, pot
breaths, garlic breaths....GACK!!! Everywhere there is a stench,
on their skins, on their clothes...IN their clothes. Im sure I reek
as well. Yet I dont hear you ****ing and moaning about all those other
stench bags. Why is that? Because you cannot smell yourself? Thats
hardly news. Most people cannot. Which is why I shower daily, only
wear my clothes a day at a time, and change into freshly laundered
clothing if Im meeting someone, smoker or non smoker. I do it as a
service to my fellow man. Which is more than I can say for over half
the people I have to deal with each day.

I'm not being cruel by saying so, I'm telling you the truth, and if you
don't care that you make people sick just by passing by others, that's
your own character flaw you have to live with.

Frankly..no..I really DONT care if I make a tiny minority of people
sick by passing by. With luck..they are Democrats and are getting
what they deserve..a hint of the smell of smoke and brimstone that
they are going to be living in, in the near future. Now do you ask
your fellow non smokers if they care about making ME sick when they
pass by? Of course you dont. You are simply a bigot of the worst sort.
A self rightious one. Brrrr...worst kind. No honesty either.

Oh..I should mention I dont drink booze either, with the single
exception of a cordial of Khalua about 6 times a year. Generally when
friends come over and we have just finished a nice big steak dinner
with all the fixings. I do however keep a liquor cabinet for my
friends. I just choose not to drink or do drugs. Nicotine and caffeine
are my drugs of choice.

So, you're an addict, then ...

Of course I am. As are you to YOUR addictions. We ALL are addicted to
one or more substances, in greater or lesser degrees. Im also addicted
to chocolate, Monsters and Mt. Dew. Along with puppies, pretty women,
beautiful sunsets, quality firearms, nifty gadgets and cowboy
boots..just to name a few of my addictions.

Are you trying to tell me you are addicted to ..nothing...?

Really?

Was there any other questions?

Why don't you care that you make other people sick?

Because they are not MY problem. They are their own problem. They can
deal with it, or not..their choice. As your issues are your!
problems..hardly mine. If you found out I make you sick...feel free to
be somewhere else than in my presence. As I would..if I found out YOU
made me sick. Simple..no?

Gunner