Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_11_] Muggles[_11_] is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 5/13/2016 9:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 13:13:54 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/13/2016 1:05 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 19:01:36 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/13/2016 12:56 PM, Bod wrote:
On 13/05/2016 18:45, Muggles wrote:
On 5/13/2016 12:15 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 18:12:10 +0100, Muggles

wrote:

On 5/13/2016 11:28 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 17:09:08 +0100, Bud Frede

wrote:

Muggles writes:

On 5/13/2016 8:38 AM, Bud Frede wrote:

You can just shrug your shoulders and blame everything on
something as
nebulous as "human nature,"

Human nature is not nebulous.

Point to it. Hold it in your hand.

All very good points, and more than I can be bothered wasting my
time
with religious folk. She will keep her head stuck in the sand
forever,
because it's easier for her little brain.

Can you explain why our bodies work?

4 million years of trial and error.

So, it's a total accident?

No, it is *billions* of years of evolution.

Who taught you that?

Ah, I've found your problem. You were taught religion so it's true.

Wrong. I wasn't taught religion at all. I studied the Bible, though,
and during the process challenged many people who thought they were
teachers of the Bible, and made many of them angry because I didn't just
accept what they were telling me to believe.

The rest of us decide what is true based on evidence and facts.

Who qualifies as "the rest of us"??

Go
speak to a ****ing archaeologist because I don't have time to talk to
ignorant fools like you.

Anger is an indication of an inability to deal with frustration on the
topic at hand.

Take heart Muggles.
Talk to some REAL archeologists - a very large number seriously
question the evolutionary theory, as do many other scientists - both
theoretical and physical.

Most, like you and I, would consider Macaw to be well out of his
depth and almost totally ignorant of the "science" he claims to

I've always enjoyed this particular topic, and more often than not those
who oppose my position generally end up either cursing or name calling.
I don't see the point in doing that.

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter to me if anyone likes the
position I take or not, and I'm not bothered by someone else's opposing
arguments. I enjoy the opportunity to think about the subject and
discuss it because I don't mind being challenged. If I really believe
something, then I should be prepared to face any challenge to that belief.

--
Maggie