Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On Fri, 13 May 2016 10:25:28 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 5/13/2016 9:55 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
I have a 3-handset cordless phone that allows up to 10 handsets. I looked on
the internet for extra handsets and they cost so much I was better off buying

I'm figuring by now, several years later, base stations have broken or
they've upgraded, so Ebay would be the place for extra handesets.

another system (and that comes with an extra base, too).

I think the reasoning is that:
- not many people (relatively speaking) want extra bases (so, quantities
are lower, shelf space gets wasted on products with low turnover, etc.)
- people who want more, can *afford* to pay more (for the convenience
of having interchangeable handsets)

Be careful running multiple bases concurrently. Some may not like this.

I figured he meant it was a spare, for when the first one breaks, like
I have it.