Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default First they came for lightbulbs

In article ,
wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2016 08:11:55 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

What's personal freedom the right to bare arms, well we don't have that in
teh UK do we.

Since when have short sleeved shirts been banned?

Apparently they came for them soon after the kettles.

Local Councils have, as usual, been tasked with drawing up
interpretations and enforcement of this Regulation (or is it just a
Recommendation at the mo?).

Also as usual, the UK Government, while devolving (i.e. shucking off)
responsibility to the local councils, are threatening said councils with
another reduction in monies, if the regulation is not enforced, via
officials, and collection of fines. The national CCTV network will be
used to enforce it. Expect a NIP through your door "momentarily", what
with all this weather we've been having.

However, while bare arms are banned in the UK, as with most other things
the other EU countries can pick and choose what suits them, so them warm
Latino countries, inc France, are waving two fingers (or the official EU
equivalent) at this rule.

John