Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (DT cell phone charger)

On Fri, 13 May 2016 16:09:47 +0100, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/7/2016 10:48 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
That is essentially a battery holder. Four rechargeable AA batteries
will give you close to 5V to charge your devices through the built-in
USB socket.

only two AA batteries... so it must boost the voltage up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mraqng4303Y

That would be my guess. My LG flip phone (with
USB Micro socket) charges okay with the DT
charger, and a cable which I purchased at DT.

Why not just take a fully charged spare phone battery?!?
You're deliberately taking the wrong kind of batteries, then transferring the charge, how ridiculous.

--
A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces.