Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_11_] Muggles[_11_] is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 5/13/2016 3:07 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 18:09:47 +0100, Muggles
wrote:

On 5/13/2016 11:23 AM, Bud Frede wrote:
I was referring to my observations about the way people lived, the
things they thought about, etc. Their belief in the supernatural didn't
really interest me.

For not being interested, you're having a pretty good discussion about a
topic you're not interested in! ;-)

What we're all interested in is how in the 21st century people can still
be as stupid and gullible as you.

IMO, stupidity involves just believing what other people tell you to
believe.

Much of my enjoyment of life comes from my continued education. I love
learning new things. I'm sorry that you don't share that.

hmmm What makes you think I don't share that?

You keep retreating to your bible and you refused my reference to
authors whose work might teach you something.

Retreating to the bible?? Not really. I've using it as a reference for
any explanations or answers to questions about God.

Thanks for admitting your argument has no substance. Everything you're
saying is based on one book? Oh dear.

Well, it's a book that's been accepted for quite a long time by millions
of people, so I'd say it's a good choice if I'm going to reference any
book at all.

I'd suggest you start with "The Selfish Gene." It's quite fascinating.

However, you really don't sound like you want to learn anything that
isn't in your bible, so I doubt you'll take my suggestion.

Passive aggressive challenges really don't inspire me to act upon them.

He asked you to read a different book. Is that too difficult for you?

He passive aggressively tried to goad me into doing something because he
thought it would sway me to agree with him, and implied if I didn't do
it that I was in some way stupid or lazy or unwilling to learn.

--
Maggie