Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Are Atheists religious

On 5/13/2016 3:07 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/13/2016 1:32 PM, Bod wrote:
On 13/05/2016 19:08, Muggles wrote:
On 5/13/2016 1:04 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/13/2016 1:02 PM, Muggles wrote:

IF human nature is bent in the direction of the negative aspects of
personality traits every interaction will include those negative
aspects. Religion is simply one other means that can be used to
proliferate such responses.

Ever hear of peer pressure? You probably wouldn't have done half the
things as a kid if you didn't have someone egging you on or something to
prove. Same thing.

As a kid I made a conscious decision to reject peer pressure, and I made
it a point to learn from any instances where peer pressure could have
influenced me to do something I'd not normally do without it.

What about you?

I personally resisted peer pressure from being virtually made to go to
church and constantly told that I will burn in hell if I didn't believe
in god.

The 'burn in hell' version of preaching is one brand of presentation
mainly promoted by Baptists. The general message is that of warning
that ones actions have consequences. It's not necessarily the only
message via Baptists, but at the same time despite it being fire and
brimstone in nature it's intended to warn people to turn away from their
sin and turn to God.

Taken in context the message isn't wrong.

You have no proof it's right. It's a perfect example of pressured
application to make one do or not do to avoid upsetting the higher power.

Religion also instills denial within their followers.