Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Update update

On 5/13/2016 11:45 AM, philo wrote:
On 05/13/2016 01:13 PM, Don Y wrote:

Etc.

Well, just for an experiment I may try that registry hack anyway

You'll never know if it is "working reliably" -- only if it is NOT! :
And, you'll never know if one of the updates that get installed next
Tuesday will break it.

It's like overclocking a CPU -- yeah, it *might* work (for a particular
chip, temperature, power supply voltage, application, etc.)... or, not.

If you want a faster CPU, *buy* a faster CPU, etc.

Unless, of course, you don't REALLY want it (i.e., are willing to have
a broken computer) but just want to "play".

Just recalled that I have XP installed in a virtual machine.

All I need do is copy the .vdi, then experiment

Again, all you will learn from this is if it DOESN'T work -- if
you can catch it doing something "wrong". You'll never be able
to say, definitively, "yes, this is the same as XP".