Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repaired boiler PCBs - invalid insurance?

In article ,
RobertL wrote:
My old (1976) Tandberg reel-to-reel came with a full circuit diagram.
The design was very simple and easy to work on. I was told this was
because the director of Tandberg back then (who had a fairly simple
knowledge of electronics) would only allow the manufacture of things
that he could personally understand and fix.

But if you decided to make a similar device today, you'd eliminate all the
costly to make and unreliable switching, and replace with solid state
microprocessor controlled. Cheaper to make and much more reliable. But
very much more difficult to repair in the unlikely event it needed it.

--
*I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.