Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default First they came for lightbulbs

On Friday, 13 May 2016 15:25:59 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2016 15:00:25 +0100, Clive George wrote:

On 13/05/2016 14:34, whisky-dave wrote:
Do yo want to live in an united Europe where one country alone decides
to effectivley ban abortions (Poland)

Have you looked to the west of where you live at all? You'll have to
cross some water, but not an ocean.

That apart, I'm very intrigued as to how one - even a couple - of
staunchly Catholic countries could apparently ban abortions across the
whole of the EU.

Perhaps Dave would care to climb out of the Whisky bottle for long enough
to explain that one?

Is the EU a democrcy or not ?
Is the EU more controlled by religion than it should be ?

Still, it's not like that bastion of freedom - the US - would ever take
such a strong stance against personal freedoms, is it?

What's personal freedom the right to bare arms, well we don't have that in teh UK do we.

Oh.