Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Small roof leak

On Wed, 11 May 2016 20:18:27 -0400, Larry K wrote:

I've had this roof leak for about 1 year. It's small and I put a
container in the dining room where it leaks through the light. Its now
to the point of being a nuisance since the 5 gallon HD bucket sits on
the dining table and my wife is getting upset with the stench from above.

A neighbor suggested I take the bucket on the roof, flip it upside down
and silicone around the top of the bucket. The top would be on the
shingles. Will this work?

You need to cover the ENTIRE ROOF with buckets siliconed to the
shingles. Then you silicone another layer of buckets over the lower ones
to cover the gaps between them. If it still leaks, add another layer of
buckets. Keep adding layers till the leak stops.