Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's up with M$ ?

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:53:24 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:25:57 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:09:31 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs
wrote:

It appears they have cut all XP users off from even the old
updates ... I had to reinstall XP Pro in one of my laptops , and
have been unable to get the updates they used to have from
before they dropped
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
support . Is this yet another move to force us to use their
latest crap OS ? Is there anywhere else these updates can be
gotten ?

Snag

Just wake up from a coma? There haven't been any updates
in a long time.

Really ? I knew there were no NEW updates , but until recently all
the existing updates were available . Take a class in reading
comprehension , you obviously did not understand what I wrote .

Snag

Take a class in not being an asshole and you'd know that
Microsoft ceased support for XP over a year ago. Doesn't
matter about updates, new or old, you're just setting
yourself up to be hacked. But as ill-mannered as you are
you probably deserve it.

You should talk about being an asshole ... M$ has said that the
existing updates will still be available , and they are thru a 3rd
party . But they are making it as difficult as they can to get them
... and I believe it's because they want everybody to move over to
their newest revenue generator , W10 .
I choose not to update , too many chances for snooping into what's
none of their (or your) business with the new OS , not to mention
that their new business model is to "rent" applications .
The wife has a "new" laptop running W7 , which as far as I can
tell is just Vista - the lousiest OS they ever made - with a new
wrapper . --
Snag
If you don't like what I say
don't read it .

Being the asshole that you are, your mama would be proud of
you.

My Mama is dead , bitch . And like I said , if you don't like what I say ,
don't read it .

--
Snag