Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What's up with M$ ?

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 4:37:37 PM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 11:15:50 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 10:37:16 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
I work for a global company with 10 of thousands
employees and last year we were told to upgrade to W-7 or
you're on your own. No upgrades, no support, and no whining
if you don't upgrade and are hacked.

If you're in that environment, then you should know that Terry
is right and you're wrong. When MSFT discontinues support the
policy always has been and still is, that it means they won't
be doing new updates, new fixes, answering questions, etc. All
the existing updates, right up to the last one, are still available
and that was all that Terry wants. He also confirmed this
because he's now downloading and installing them.

Did you bother to read what you wrote? "When MSFT discontinues support the
policy always has been and still is, that it means they won't
be doing new updates, new fixes, answering questions, etc."

Sure I read what I wrote. Terry clearly wasn't asking for MSFT to
create and write new updates. He was asking for the updates to XP
that were issued in the past, which are still available, as they always
have been, even though support has ended. Proof of that is that he
found them, downloaded them and is now installing them. Go back to sleep.