Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Busted jigsaw motor - fixable?

On Wed, 11 May 2016 10:31:16 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote

Why can't I disconnect the shorted coil?

You can, but it wont work properly when you do.

That coil is there for a reason.

The reason is it's ****. The motor can't have had adequate cooling.

Or it failed for a different reason.

Like?

I was using it to cut wood, without pushing it hard,
for about 10 minutes, with a 50% duty cycle.

And the coil may not have been made properly.

The motor was too hot to touch for some time afterwards. That can't be right.

Brian Gaff wrote

Needs rewinding, probably not worth doing just get another one.
The reason why it happened in the first place might be nice to know for
future proofing the new one!

--
Jazz is what you get when you push a blues quartet down a long flight of stairs.