Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What's up with M$ ?

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8:51:44 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"Terry Coombs" writes:
WTF wrote:
On 05/11/2016 01:09 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
It appears they have cut all XP users off from even the old
updates ... I had to reinstall XP Pro in one of my laptops , and
have been unable to get the updates they used to have from before
they dropped support . Is this yet another move to force us to use
their latest crap OS ? Is there anywhere else these updates can be
gotten ?

If you want to run old moldy software, why do you want the newest
updates? Sheeeesh!

Where the **** did you get the idea I wanted the "newest updates" ? I just
want the updates they had before support ended .
I just don't get why so many people are so ****ing negative about me
wanting to run an OS that was functional and easy to use , rather than wade
thru 500 gallons of sewage to find the particular tune I want to play .

It's more your arrogance in thinking that an American corporation owes
you anything at all; I suspect that nobody has a problem with you
running XP, per se.

You could use an operating system for which source is available and
support it yourself unto infinity, should you live that long.

What Terry wants is available and always has been. MSFT policy has
always been that when they discontinue support, all the previous
updates are still available. That's all he wants.