Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What's up with M$ ?

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 10:37:16 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:54:25 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

"Terry Coombs" writes:

Uhhh , maybe because the business community is still heavily invested in
XP ?

It's not. XP has a miniscule share of the business community. They're
primarily on windows 7.

Thank you. I work for a global company with 10 of thousands
employees and last year we were told to upgrade to W-7 or
you're on your own. No upgrades, no support, and no whining
if you don't upgrade and are hacked.

If you're in that environment, then you should know that Terry
is right and you're wrong. When MSFT discontinues support the
policy always has been and still is, that it means they won't
be doing new updates, new fixes, answering questions, etc. All
the existing updates, right up to the last one, are still available
and that was all that Terry wants. He also confirmed this
because he's now downloading and installing them.