Mark D. Zacharias

Default Sony 'G' board, part II...the fix!

Wow. Good catch. These types of components are always the LAST ones I check.
Electrolytics, semi's and fusible devices first, then resistors, small caps,
inductors and the like.

mz

"Vector Viper" wrote in message
I have a "G" 1-659-752-21 board Q601 and Q602 blown, and replaced, with

D648
(150 v protect zener)

Board works, but has almost NO regulation for +130v out...100VAC in

outputs
+145V B+
Oddly, the LOAD regulation is good, pix size does not change with
brightness...

1/6/2004
Update: problem found. it was a transformer, T603, called "PRT"
The good one reads 500uh on the primary, the bad one only 150!
It drives the output transistors through it's secodary...

Thanks for the help guys!

Aaron H.