Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default What's up with M$ ?

| I agree. Anyone who wants to maintain an antique computer or antique
| software needs to first make sure they have everything they will need
| for the foreseeable future. That kind of planning and preparation should
| have started years ago.

While you're teasing people about antiques, be
sure you download Win7 SP1. There's no reason to
count on anything from Microsoft. Broken links is
almost an industry for them. They often rework
things in an attempt to coerce their customers.

(I happen to be writing this on my home-built,
6 month old, 8-core XP rocketship. I have a Win7
computer but it's too slow and naggy for regular
use.