Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Wed, 11 May 2016 14:02:36 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 3:12:05 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 10/05/2016 22:05, T wrote:
On 05/10/2016 01:41 PM, Muggles wrote:
I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in
discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do
we know time has always been constant there since many people like to
put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to
estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

Hi Muggles,

Something I have found interesting is Einstein's take on
quantum physics. He did not believe it to be correct
because "God is not random". And indeed the theory
which is starting to replace quantum physics, called
String Theory, is not random.

Problem with quantum physics is that it is not unified,
meaning it does not incorporate gravity in its model.
String theory does.

We have a saying in our church. "Do not seek the truth
in science, for today's truths are always tomorrow's
falsehoods. But instead, seek the truth in Jesus Christ,
who is the way, the truth, and the light."

One of my most fascinating courses in college was the
history of science. It was all about tomorrow's
falsehoods. Caloric was a huge one.

My personal belief is that when the eight day comes
and all is revealed, that all our humanity's collective
knowledge and all our machines, we will have not scratched
one cell in God's finger.

I also think that ever since the first human eye laid
sight on the first star in the sky, that we were meant to
go there. I look forward to the light barrier being
broken. I will probably have to watch that happen from
heaven.

And we have Saint Moses to thank for science:

Genius 1, 1-5 KJV
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was
upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved
upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided
the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called
Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And that was the beginning of science. The universe was
a creation of God and what we observed around us was nature,
not the work of petty human like gods and magic.

Glory be to God!
-T

String theory is really w-e-i-r-d.

Indeed, very similar to many religions, like Scientology/ Jehovah
Witlesses/ Moony loonies and Morons (sorry....Mormons, etc.
--
Bod

I'm curious about something Bod. Did a minister or some overly religious person hurt you at some point in your life? I was tortured by nuns when I was a small boy but I don't hate religious people. In fact, I've done a lot of work for churches not because I share their faith but because the people there are nice folks. I'm not one of the faithful and never dislike anyone of faith unless they give me a reason to. Such as telling me they will kill me if I don't convert. Now I have another question for you. Can you tell me of any atheist groups of people who show up after a disaster to help people in need? o_O

[8!{} Uncle Wicked Monster

I would have no objection to being tortured by a nun.

--
A Pakistani woman was sexually assaulted yesterday. Police are still trying to find a motive.