Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On Wed, 11 May 2016 02:16:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2016 10:06:45 +0100, Bod wrote:

More dogmatically narrow minded than the most devout Jew, Muslim, or
southern Baptist Christian, by far.

Well put.

Gunner

"Kill every first born"....now where did I hear that said?...hmm.
Also....*Adam and Eve's incestuous family*...I heard that somewhere also.
I also heard the story about this thing called god deliberately making
childbirth extremely painful because of the actions of Adam & Eve.
What a kind and loving god.

--
Bod

You will have to take it up with a Christian. Im certainly not one of
those.

Gunner

Sinse I've plonked BOD I'll answer his objection through you. God had
said "if you eat of the tree--- you shall surely die"
He had compassion, and let them live for a "limited" time - with pain
and work as a reminder of their disobedience.

In the old testament times God was a "just God". It was a time of
"law"
This was before Christ. Christ was God's "gift" to mankind. He was the
"fullfillment of the law" and ushered in the time of "grace".

Justice is getting what you deserve. Grace is not getting what you
deserve on the one side, and getting what you don't desreve on the
other.. In the "new dispensation" or the "new testiment times" Goe
becomes a "loving god" - with-holding the punishments dictated by the
old law, while bestowing undeserved blessings.

A Christian